Studio Membership Terms And Conditions
We love our studio and we want you to love it like your own too! This means enjoying your time shooting, having fun, but always ensuring that the studio is ready for the Member with the next session. This means that you need to ensure that the studio is clean and ready for the next member at the end of your booked session. It is the Members responsibility to remove trash, and return all items to their rightful place. Please respect all fellow members. But most of all, have fun!
- All Studio Membership run for 6-months and all Members are required to sign our Membership Contract
- Memberships dues are charged to the Members credit card at the beginning every month
- Members need to maintain a current credit card on file for charging additional hours, damages or for any additional equipment rentals.
- Studio Member – Photographer who has joined the Studio, has signed our 6-month contract and is current on their membership dues
- Studio Guest – Any non-photographer using the Adept Studios facilities as a guest of the Member
- Studio User – Members and Guests
- Membership – a contract of studio usage between the Member and Adept Studios
- Studio Booking – a block of time reserved by a Member for the use of the Studio. Session times are 2-hour minimums
- Prop Room – the room where we store all our props. This room is off-limits to Members unless specifically authorized.
- Studio Orientation – All Members are required to complete a Studio Orientation prior to their first booking
- Daylight Studio – this is our main studio with glass walls, and multiple windows with blinds that can be drawn to reduce ambient light. It also features 4 paper backdrop rolls and 3 additional assorted drop down rolls
- Cyc Studio – this studio features a valuable cyclorama wall. This is a curved infinity wall suitable for full length fashion work and more
- Member’s use of the studio is normal business hours Monday to Saturday 9am – 8pm.
- Usage of the studio outside of these hours is available at an additional surcharge
- Sundays and Public Holidays are available at an additional surcharge
Booking a Studio Session
- We will shortly have an online calendar that not only reflects available time for each studio, but also allows you to book your session.
- In the meantime, while we wait for the rollout of this feature, check online for availability, call the studio to schedule and once confirmed that block of time will be yours
- All bookings must be confirmed in advance, no walk-in bookings are permitted.
- Studio sessions are booked in 2 hour minimums. Remember that you need to allow time to load in, setup, knock down and wait for your guests to show.
- No rollover credit is provided for any unused hours/studio time
- Any part of an hour that you go over your scheduled time will be deducted from your monthly Membership credit in full hour deductions. Any part of an hour that you go over your monthly allotment will be billed at your full additional hourly rate.
- Members must arrive before their guests to ensure that their guests understand how to proceed when they arrive
- All Studio Members and Guests must sign our Standard Waiver of Liability of Form prior to entering the studio. This can be done electronically before your session if you wish. Completed forms with original signatures must be handed to the studio manager before anyone enters the studio
- You may only enter the studio at the time that your session starts, and you must be out with the studio clean at the time your session ends
- At the end of the session, Members are responsible for returning all equipment to their allotted places, and cleaning the studio to the condition that it was presented to them
- This check out time is part of the session time so ensure that you have allowed yourselves enough time to get this done, and hand over the studio to the next Member in good condition
- Once the studio is clean and in order, notify Studio Management that you are ready for inspection.
- We realize that sometimes things come up and you may have to reschedule or cancel your booked studio session. If you need to cancel or reschedule for a different date or time, please give us written notice via email at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled session.
- If you do not notify us within 48 hours of schedule studio time, or do not appear for the session, your appointment hours will be deducted from your monthly studio credit.
- Adept Studios tries our best to accommodate the needs of each Member, understanding that each have unique needs. These policies are in place to assure that all Members get to enjoy the full experience of being a Member of Adept Studios.
- While we are very understanding about the artistic concepts you might be shooting in your studio session, all Studio Users must nevertheless dress appropriately when entering or using any of the common areas:- Entrance Lobby, Gallery etc. Please respect the other users, and assume that minors might also be in the studio.
Studio Equipment Usage
- The studio Membership comes with the use of our Lighting Equipment and grip gear, transmitters, receivers, stands, modifiers, and certain props.
- Each Studio is assigned four (4) Strobes, light stands and modifiers. Do not move lighting equipment from one studio to another without express permission
- Make sure that all equipment is put back in its assigned place at the end of your studio time.
- Backdrop paper is included with Membership. Be sparing with the use of the paper, especially the white paper. Please advise the Studio Management when any paper roll is getting low
- The Cyc Studio includes the usage of the slide out backdrops. These move on overhead rails and care needs to exercised when moving these backdrops in and out
Consumables, Damages, and Cleaning
- The studio and its equipment will be presented to each Member in good, clean working order. The Member is responsible for handing back the studio and the equipment, at the end of their session in the same condition
- Any breakages to equipment must be reported and will be repaired or replaced at the expense of the Member
- Any damages to the studio facility must be reported and will be billed to the Member’s credit card
- Any cleaning that is required to be performed after a Members use of the studio, will be charged to the Member’s credit card
- This includes damages to the floors due to sliding equipment across the floor, damages to drywall, etc.
- Note:- Cyc walls need to be kept white. That means the wall, the infinity curve and the floor. This takes effort by everyone. Do not use the cyc wall if you do not need full length shots. Rather use the painted side-wall sections. Keep off the cyc wall floor unless you are using it and when you do use it, use the provided painters shoe covers to prevent dirtying the floor. Wipe or mop the cyc floor after your session if needed. Cleaning or repainting of the cyc wall, if necessary, will be charged to the Members credit card.
- Studio usage is limited to a total of 6 persons only:- the Member and 5 Guests.
- There is a surcharge for any additional guest attending a session.
- Studio usage is strictly for contracted Members and their Guests only
- If you insist on bringing in a Photographer as your Guest, they will be billed at the non-member hourly rate
- No studio gear may be removed from the studio premises at any time
- You are welcome to bring food and beverages into the studio. We have a small kitchen with a Microwave and Fridge. These must be kept spotless at all times for fellow Members.
- No alcohol may be brought on premises
- The Studio is a NO SMOKING Facility and any transgression carries a penalty
- We have a strict NO FLOUR, NO GLITTER, NO GUNS, NO FLAME, NO OIL policy which will be strictly enforced
- Well trained pets and animals can be brought into the studio, but the Member is responsible for any cleaning required
- Be considerate and keep music and noise to a sensible level so as not to impair the enjoyment of our other users, the studio management or our adjacent tenants.
- Failure to comply with our simple easy to follow terms and conditions will result in exclusion from the Studio usage and forfeiture of any unused Studio time
- The Prop Room is used for storage of Adept Studios personal equipment and is off limits during your usage of the Studio
Waiver of Liability
All Studio Users assume all risks of loss, damage or destruction of any and all equipment, supplies, furniture, props, artworks, or other properties in the studio spaces. Studio Users shall be responsible for any personal injury or property damage to resident or third party arising out of or in connection with Studio User’s use of Studio Space. Studio Users agree to make no claim against, and to indemnify and hold harmless Adept Studios Inc and DKSONE LLC, their officers, directors and employees from any claim by studio member or any third party for personal injury or property damage arising out of or in connection with Studio Member’s use of the Studio Space. Studio Users, at all times, comply with all Federal, State and local statutes, regulations, ordinances and other laws and Adept Studios rules and policy while in the studio space, and to cover Studio Members potential liability for personal injury or property damage under the terms of membership and during use of Studio. This agreement is in force for current and all future uses until both parties agree to change in writing.
Adept Studios Management (Jan 2018)